Friday, June 24, 2011

Wispered

Studied I have.
The countless flaws and quirks
We humans possess

I have uncovered power
Dangerous and volitile
The ability to push, control and convince
But there was always
A line

A phrase I swore
Would never be uttered in vain.
 Would never be used to harm
To kill or maim

It was sacred
Special
Protected.
I swore to guard it
To only use it when I meant it.
When It needed said.

And today it slipped though my lips
uttered under my voice
unintended
it was heard
Laughed off
covered up

and I drove
To desolation
To be alone
To ask myself

Why I had done such a thing
Unleashed such a terrible weapon
On such an innocent person
Such beauty and perfection

and then
Solemn and quiet
The truth fell upon me
It staggered my balance
broke my stride

It was true.
The tower and my Rose
It was true.

No comments:

Post a Comment