Sunday, March 23, 2014

Of Gods and Demons

Come find me, wandering at the edge of reality
Listen to me, whispering the secrets of your life
Look at me, fading out of the horizon

You need find nothing, this is eternity
Hear the words of your elders, they are but truth
Those images are a poorly made construction

Feel the waves of death wash over your mortality
Hear the pain and suffering with all your strife
See the looming fate descend upon you like a titan

Know my face, do not give into such vanity
Use this sword to fight it's betrayal, it will show you the truth
You are far to important to fall prey to seduction

Wake up, discover that your world is an island
Break through, cut your way out with that knife
Stand up, let it wash over you with all it's totality

My world is whole, this is blasphemy
You will die if you continue this pursuit
Do not force me into repercussion

Breathe in the ashes of what once was Zion
Love the chaos as if it were your wife
This is the true world with all it's irrationality

Forget those words, trust in my sanity
Hearken back to the stories of your youth
That thing at the edge wishes only your destruction

No comments:

Post a Comment