Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The corpse of a templar

I was foolish to think
That something so old and so strong
could be defeated in a few mere hours.

His legacy haunts me.
His tendencies laugh at me
I have seen his shadow darken my every step

I am stronger than he ever was
Patience and persistence were his virtues
Such are games I hate to play

I will find you.
Hiding amung my dreams
I wonder if Rosa...

No, such thoughts are for the old gods.
We are remade from them.
And old idea, made new.
Gods of the earth

Not of heaven
Not of hell

Mortal gods.
Olympus stands empty.
Vanaheimr sits empty
Asgard stands silent.

The war was a terrifying one
The survivors walk silently
through their mortality
one life to the next

Immortal in their Mortality
The lost wait unknowingly
The old gods dwell
Cuthulu sleeps

Yet we are new.
The old reforged
The first of perhaps
none

No comments:

Post a Comment