Saturday, July 9, 2011

Like a river it flowed

A dam burst
A river had flooded
the truth
the secrets
The unholy whole of it all

Flowed forth
unbridaled
unrestrained
unfiltered
and uncensored

The rose shown forth
understanding and compassion
The question was raised
a question long pondered

Why the amaranth
was not where it *should* have been
the truth was in song
running away forever more
so there we sat

alone and dark
united by truth
by desire
lips loosened

That old tale
spun again told to friends over a flagon of ale
The demon's pride
The guardian's virtue

Gan my old friend
I release you
Forever
Go your way
Be free
Guide your life as you see fit

The amaranth is safe
Your job secured
your freedom, earned.

In flames I release you
Most powerful of the three
may your world be free
and good

as my secrets unfolded
The rose it listened
of stories long past
of sins long commited
of a past long buried

Like cars they fly
in a highway on the sky
to and fro
they swim and sing
They crash, and sting.

I hate you all
You sheep and swine
Your ignorance of the world
Your blindness to its flaws.

I hate you all.
I envy you more.
I hate what I can not have.

And the tyrant!
Oh yes dear you have a title.
My only grudge
my only anger
stems not from betrayal
but from besting me.

Your betrayal
was sooner than my own.
However if you count the lies
The cheats
And the thrills
I still won
beat you by a year
suck that you tyrant
may you die in hell.

The rose she shone!
For once it listened
willing and eager
My flaws
my sins
laid bare

Forgiven
salvation
the queen of swords
she was wrong
one of us had to be

I'm glad it was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment