Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mourning

In that place he lies
Cold, alone, dead and gone
but i can not seem to cut these ties

Echos of a life long dead
Shelters in a forgotten land
They call, screaming in the night

I face them, dauntless in my decision
steadfast in my conviction

i sit with flame and sword in hand
these wounds bleed and burn
wounds I had long thought healed

On that bus she sat
Kind and sweet
those trinkets
I still treasure

her eyes alight with the fire of hell
her voice the envy of angels
her mind fractured and perfect

those nights shrouded in violence
gunfire and explosions
rockets and swords
I never cheated

my face ablaze with that concoction
my secrets you still keep
your secrets my most valuable possessions
in you i will always confide
in me i will always listen

your eyes
all you had really
i wanted to help you
but i let you fall

your wit was what got me
you could understand
reason and challenge
and now you are my support
in my darkest hours

once we shared much
stories, dreams, promises
but a war was comming
we could never be on the same side
I despised your gods.

hair filled with golden light
teary eyes willed with love
those are what ill remember
those are what ill miss
you let us die

through the thickest of soils you have grown
standing tall and attempting to blossom
you deserve much better than you let yourself have
you always were different
alas it was a burden you were unprepared to carry

And there they are
those bleeding wounds
the aching sores

each is unique
all are bittersweet
in each is a sorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment