Thursday, September 1, 2011

Through the webspun paths

As I walked upon that mountain.
I sought it's summit
Off the path I would venture
Weeds to my ears. The sounds of night all around me

When I reached the forest's edge there it sat
The Web, grand and majestic.
I wondered if it was one of the queen's
If these woods were hers

I followed the wind
into it's cool breeze I went
the paths diverged and split.
and the webs by god the webs
they were everywhere.

I found that clearing
No more count i climb up
I sat in darkness and let it bass through me
Washing away all that I was

As I left I realized while this mountain was mine
and in it i could never get lost in these forests
The webspinner lurked
The forest had changed my path was gone.

And so I made a new one.
Through the webs
Through the darkness
The queens petty attempts neither frightened
nor deterred me.

and on the side of that mountain
on a clearing from the path
covered with dirt and dust

I looked over my home
the world that I knew
The world that i hated.

Under the cloudless sky
I wondered and sought solace in a friend
And a star fell.

Upon it i wished.
My mad wish
My hopeless hope.

1 comment: